We understand that making purchases online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it our highest priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Please read the following policy to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting our website, www.LanguageInternational.com, you are accepting the practices described herein.
What information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses, and, in some cases, billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to register for a course; purchase products or services; complete a student profile; participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes; ask us a question; or initiate other transactions on our site.
When you make language travel or other arrangements for someone else through LanguageInternational.com, we will request personal information and preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing LanguageInternational.com with their personal information.
Information from Other Sources
We also may periodically obtain information about you from our business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, which we use to correct our records and to facilitate proper delivery of language travel information; and demographic information, which we use to better understand your potential purchasing preferences.
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit LanguageInternational.com. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), and referring Web site. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as courses viewed and purchases made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help customize your user experience.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies
Information Collected by Third-Party Advertising Companies
How we use your information
Please review "Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information" below.
With whom we share your information
LanguageInternational.com may share your information with the following entities:
- Suppliers, such as language schools, hotels, airline, or insurance companies, or activity providers, who fulfill your travel reservations. Throughout LanguageInternational.com, all services provided by a third-party supplier are described as such. We do not share your email address with these suppliers unless they need it to fulfill the travel reservation you have made on LanguageInternational.com, and we restrict their use of this information to that purpose. We do not place limitations on our suppliers' use or disclosure of your other personal information. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any travel supplier whose products you purchase through LanguageInternational.com. Please note that these suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you or to facilitate your language travel reservation.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. These companies have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners and recommend you evaluate their practices before deciding to provide your personal information.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of LanguageInternational.com, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors a Web site receives or what are the most popular vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using LanguageInternational.com to plan and purchase your language travel, so we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
LanguageInternational.com does not sell travel or other services for purchase by children. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
How you can contact us